What causes severe heart burn, throat pain and difficulty swallowing?
I am ok as long as I use products such as Nexium or preavacid. Yhe pain is in my throat, I gag and cant swallow, once I burp I feel better.
What's this recent finding you are concerned about?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this heart burn. I do understand you are fine as long as you take the medications(prevacid/Nexium). You seem to have stopped because of recent findings. Though much has been said about these medications, they remain safe and we continue to use them. I will like that you state what finding is of most concern to you so that we can exchange on and make sure you are not misinterpreting anything.
I hope to hear back from you so as to provide more insights about this heart burn plan as well as a management plan.
I will still pick Nexium over Tagamet!
The gains of this drug outweigh the potential kidney consequence. Remember it is not for sure that the kidneys would be damaged and remains a possibility but very few persons ever go down with this. I will still strongly recommend this drug over any other medication used for this condition.
I hope this helps. Let me know what your immediate thoughts are.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Throat pain difficulty swallowing
- Sore throat difficulty swallowing
- What causes difficulty swallowing
- Swollen throat difficulty swallowing
- Throat cramps difficulty swallowing and breathing cause
- Reason for chest pain difficulty swallowing and burning throat
- Throat pain on sneezing difficulty swallowing causes and treatment
- Sore throat difficulty swallowing and neck pain
- Drugs that cause difficulty swallowing
- Can sore throat cause difficulty swallowing?