What causes severe headache while suffering from hemochromatosis?
Symptoms are directly related to hemochromatosis.
I can understand your concerns.
You possibly seem to have inflammatory arthritis.
These symptoms could be a part and parcel of Hemochromatosis.
Headache can be due to hyper viscosity symptoms related to iron overload.
The eye symptoms could be due to uveitis or Glaucoma. This need differentiation for therapeutic management.
I advise you to get a slit lamp and fundoscopic eye examination for better assessment.
I can guide you better if you can upload your earlier test reports.
Hemochromatosis is a systemic disorder and can affect many organs in the body including bones and joints.
Definitive therapy is Chelation of iron stores.
I advise you to get total Serum Iron and Ferritin levels.
Post your further queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe headaches daily
- What is the cause and treatment for severe headaches
- What is the cause of severe headache and vomiting
- What is the cause of severe headache while having hypothyroidism
- What causes severe headache when suffering from pituitary adenoma
- What could be the cause for severe headache
- What causes episodes of severe headache with relief on vomiting
- What causes severe headaches when having a poo
- What causes a severe headache
- Severe headaches in the afternoon what is the cause