What causes severe headache, stomach pain and diarrhea post reduced dose of Morphine?
Welcome and thanks for your query.
I understand your concern.
You are on high dose of pain killers and the head ache you have is analgesics induced headache. It would be better to reduce the dose of analgesics and taper and stop the morphine. You could try a small dose of Amitriptyline like 10 mg at bed time and that will help reduce the diarrhoea and give you better sleep and some pain relief.
A small dose of Neurontin like 300mg at bed time also is helpful to relieve such pain from pinched nerves in many of my patients.
Please see the discussion
Morphine and other opioids are known to produce symptoms you have described. These should clear once your system gets rid of the substance.
Your palpitations would respond to small dose of beta-blocker like 10 mg of Inderal. You should not take beta-blocker if you have asthma.
Amitriptyline would be helpful in improving your sleep and bowel movements in addition to giving pain relief.
Ok in recommended dose
Paracetamol is okay but stick to the lowest possible dose as high dose damages the liver. There's no problem with your blood pressure medicines. If you have a throaty dry cough mainly at night, it can be related to Ramipril.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe headache back pain stomach pain brain tremors
- Have severe headache stomach pain and dizziness
- What causes stomach pain diarrhea and flatulence smell
- What is the cause for stomach pain and diarrhea
- What causes orange diarrhea with stomach pain
- What causes abdominal cramping diarrhea and severe headache
- What causes severe headache and stomach pain during dialysis
- Severe headache stomach pain constipation and vomiting need help
- What causes stomach pain with bloating and diarrhea
- Fever severe headache and lower stomach pain