What causes severe hair loss after a C-section?
My hair suddenly started to fall out more from last month,it got thin,I have a one year baby and I had c section,I stopped breast feeding in XXXXXXX and facing excessive hair loss from Feb,my dermatologist suggested flagyl 400 and revilus tablet.can you pls let me know why hair suddenly started to fall and wether these tablets will control hair fall and helps in regrowth,feeling very depressed because of this hair fall,kindly suggest
Hair fall can happen after childbirth.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Hair loss is seen in many conditions like Systemic diseases, after childbirth, Poor Nutritional Status, Scalp infections like bacterial or fungal, Poor Care of Hair, Hormonal changes etc.
The medicines given to you will help in decreasing the infection and will supply proper nutrition for hair growth.
You can follow some simple measures to stop the hair loss and help your hair grow better -
1. Take a high protein diet. You can also apply raw egg on your hairs one hour before washing them for good luster and to cover the damaged parts.
2. Take Iron and zinc supplements.
3. Avoid exposure to direct sun for long durations.
4. Keep your hairs covered outdoors to avoid damage from dust, etc.
5. Take supplements of vitamin B6 and folic acid.
6. Avoid stress and anxiety.
7. Scalp massage- A vigorous rubbing of the scalp with fingers is one of the most effective method for the prevention and treatment of hair loss. The scalp should be rubbed vigorously till it starts to tingle with the heat. It will activate the sebaceous glands and energize the circulation of blood in the affected area, making the hair grow healthy.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The lost hair will grow back.
Thanks for writing again.
Your hair will grow back once the stress of childbearing is over. Do concentrate on proper nutrition, restful sleep and regular massage.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes brown discharge post c section
- What causes lower back pain after a c-section
- Severe upper back pain after c section
- What to avoid after c section
- What causes death from a c section
- What is the cause of back pain after a c-section
- Whats the life expectant after a c,section
- What diet should be given after c section
- Severe indigestion after c section
- Pancreatitis caused by c section