What causes severe muscle pain, weakness, shivering and vomiting?

Question
Had sudden onset of severe muscle pain and considerable weakness (making walking impossible), shivering, one episode of vomiting. Had eaten same dinner three hours earlier as husband who not no discomfort. By morning, less discomfort but still fatigued.
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A minor attack of food poisoning

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but you seem to be experiencing a minor attack of food poisoning which can cause some or all of the following symptoms:
abdominal cramps
diarrhea
vomiting
loss of appetite
mild fever
weakness
nausea
headaches
I would recommend that you keep adequately hydrated with enough fluids preferably sports drinks which are high in electrolytes and juices. also try to eat only soft foods as boiled vegetables, jelly or soups.. you should take flagyl two tablets every eight hours for 3 days . If you experience more vomiting or nausea then take metochlopromide every eight hours. If you develop diarrhea then add imoduim three times daily.

I hope you find this helpful .