Owl Image

What causes severe cold with dark urine in an elderly person?

Owl Image
Dr. Ivo Ditah

Question
My husband is 85 years old and has severe cold symptoms -- a cough, stuffed up nose, constipation and overall exhaustion. He also has very dark urine. All have come up in the last three days.
Is there any condition that combines a cold and dark urine?
Sat, 24 Feb 2018 in Elderly Problems

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Let him increase his fluid intake!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed this information fully. This is absolutely caused by the fact that he has not been drinking enough fluids. I encourage him to consciously drink much fluids so as to avoid having excessively concentrated urine.

Let me know how this plays out. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.