How can cold and soar throat be treated despite taking Calpol and Levocetirizine?

Excellent

Question
Hello Doctor,

About 10 days ago I got fever along with severe cold and throat pain. I took the usual Calpol and Levo Citrezine to control fever and cold, after 4-5 days the fever subsided but since yesterday the cold and soar throat is back again. Is there any antibiotics that I can take to completely get better? this is taking too long and I feel completely drained out with low energy levels.
I am 37 yrs old male
Tue, 15 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Kampana 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
URTI

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query.

You can take tab. azee 500 mg once daily after food for 3 days. Drink plenty of water. Warm lemon juice with 1 tbsp of honey for 1 week helps soothe your sore throat.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,

Follow-up: How can cold and soar throat be treated despite taking Calpol and Levocetirizine? 8 hours later
Thanks Doctor. I work in night shifts so can I take this after dinner? will this make me drowsy? else I can take it at home after breakfast. Please let me know

Answered by Dr. Kampana 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
It doesn't make you drowsy.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

You can take it after breakfast at home. So that you will sleep and get rest. It doesn't make you drowsy but can make you feel tired as its an antibiotic. Eat well and drink plenty of fluids. You can take it after dinner or breakfast as you feel comfortable.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,