What causes severe chills and fever in an elderly person?
Urinary tract infection probably
Thanks for the query
There is a chance it could be a urinary tract infection which is very common.
Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily unless prohibited by the Doctor. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables.
Do get the urine tested for micro-analysis and infection(culture sensitivity assay) and visit a Doctor as soon as possible.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available to answer your follow-up queries.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
Get well soon
Thank you for the information.
Urinary infections tend to be recurrent commonly in susceptible individuals.
You've made a good decision to take her to the clinic. Hope she gets well soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of Severe chills
- Severe chills causes
- Treatment and cure for Severe chills
- Diagnosis of Severe chills
- What is the cause for severe chills
- Have fever severer chills and excruciating aches after tooth extraction
- What could cause severe chills despite body temperature being normal
- Severe chills and shaking
- Severe chill with warm face what does it indicate
- Severe chills with no fever
- Suggest treatment for loss of movement in left arm post injury
- What causes stabbing pain behind left breast while breathing?
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- What causes painful legs while walking in a person with peripheral...
- Is weight training advisable 2 weeks after a shot for trigger finger?
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in legs after exercising
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the heels
- Suggest treatment for tibia pain, weakness and memory loss
- What causes severe discoloration and swelling in left leg?
- Suggest treatment for left-sided back and hip pain