What causes severe back pain in an elderly person?
Can be a muscle spasm.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain that you are feeling is likely to be related to muscle spasm or a mild inflammation like myositis.
There can be a mild soft tissue injury also which cannot be detected by an X-ray. It is best to get an oral muscle relaxant prescribed from your physician and do a hot compress. Doing a regular physiotherapy will also help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for severe back pain
- What is the remedy for severe back pain
- What is the cause and treatment for severe back pain
- What is the cure for severe back pain
- What causes blood in urine and severe back pain
- Causes of severe back pain
- What causes severe back pain
- Ivf severe back pain
- Medicine for severe back pain
- What causes severe back pain that radiates to the leg