question-icon

What causes severe back pain and painful urination?

Posted on Wed, 16 Dec 2015
Question: Hi Dr XXXXXXX heijebu.

Good evening,
I spoke to you regarding my weakness and chest pain 2 months back.Now my problem is I had severe back ache and pain while going to urine 2 days back when I was in my office.I really felt helpless and couldnt recover.I need your suggesstion regarding this?
Thanks in advance.
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Probably suggestive of Acute urinary tract infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

Good evening.

I can understand your concerns.

Your symptoms of Acute urinary tract infection.

I generally advise my patients oral tablets of urinary antibiotics like Tab.Norflox 400 mg and Tab.Urispas twice daily for 5 days.So please speak to your doctor whether he shares my opinion and prescribe you the same.

Drine 3- 4 liters of water.

If symptoms persist,get an ultrasound abdomen and urine for culture and sensitivity.

Avoid stress and anxiety.

Post your further queries if any,

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Prasanna Heijebu