What causes severe abdominal pain and excessive weight gain?
I have also experienced unexplained weight gain, roughly 18 pounds in 4 months
Further evaluation needed
Thank you for posting query at HCM.
Differentials for your current medical scenario: gastritis, gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer, inflammatory bowel disease, colitis
however, symptoms should be investigated properly to reach a conclusion.
Considering your presentation and history , especially with "low iron levels",
i would strongly recommend you to fix an appointment with gastroenterologist and undergo endoscopic examination ( esophagogastroduodenoscopy and colonoscopy). The endoscopic examination will give a better picture of most of the anatomical gastrointestinal tract.
Secondly, also test for "Fecal Occult blood".
thirdly, if the weight gain is despite diet modification and following "weight losing strategies", then your advised to monitor your "thyroid hormones (TSH, T3, T4)".
in case, you already have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, you maybe needing dose adjustments of levothyroxine. Kindly visit treating physician.
Health professionals aim to diagnose properly and manage patients according to their limited knowledge. Cure is blessed by the ONE who Created us, whose power and knowledge is unlimited .
hope to answer your concern.
Any further questions are welcomed.
Wish you good and sound health.
Dr Tayyab Malik
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffering from severe abdominal pain what might be causing it
- What causes severe abdominal pains with low blood sugar
- What causes delayed periods with sever abdominal pain
- What causes diarrhoeaconstipationfrequent urination and severe abdominal pain
- What causes severe abdominal pain
- What causes severe abdominal pain on coughing and sneezing
- What causes severe abdominal pain after having an intercourse
- What is the cause of severe abdominal pain and nausea
- What causes blood in vomiting with severe abdominal pain
- Severe abdominal pains causes