• question-icon

What causes right-sided abdominal pain?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hello I would like a second opinion I have been having right side pain on and off in the overly area since Saturday I went to the walk in clinic they checked urine but had to send it out for colture I am on my last day of my cycle and I do have cysts and fibroids and ibs the pain is only in one spot and feels almost like a bruise or sore muscle when I push on my stomach there is no rebound pain
Could this be a irritated fibroid or uti ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be urine infection or IBS.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Fibroids are usually painless. The pain on the right side that you have can be related to a urine infection or IBS. This can be related to a muscle pull or an intestinal infection also. The exact cause can be detected after few investigations.
You should see a doctor if the symptoms do not reduce in 24 hours for proper investigations like ultrasound scan and some blood tests. Till then check if there is an over the counter antispasmodic available with your pharmacist. Take them after taking fluid diet, three times a day. For pain do a hot fomentation and take light easy to digest oil free food.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Hello so u don't think it could be appendix ? I have been drinking a lot of water and waiting for urine couture results can I take Tylenol
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Appendix not likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Appendix is associated with acute severe persistent pain and fever. Appendix is not likely in your case.
You can have Tylenol and do a hot compress in the area for the muscles to relax.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN