What causes right-sided abdominal pain along with bloating and pressure?
Gastroscopy should be done.
Thank you for the query.
Do you have recent liver tests (AST, ALT, GGTP, AP, bilirubin)?
Your symptoms can be caused by some bile duct issue (can be invisible in CT) or due to stomach and/or duodenum inflammation or ulcer.
With bile ducts issue (like a stone for example), you may get occasionally pale stool and dark urine. The pain can radiate to the right shoulder. Lack of appetite and bitter taste can be present as well.
Bile ducts pain is more sharp.
As you have gastroparesis, the possibility of ulcer in the stomach or even something more serious is higher. That is why, you should have it checked for sure. I suggest you to have gastroscopy done and mentioned above liver tests.
ERCP (endoscopic bile ducts checkup) should be also considered if no changes in the gastroscopy.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes right sided abdominal pain
- Lower right side abdominal pain after period
- Right side abdominal pain car crash
- Right side abdominal pain especially after urination
- Right side abdominal pain bulimia
- Right side abdominal pain with brown discharge
- Right sided abdominal pain mirena coil
- Right side abdominal pains blood in stool
- Right side abdominal pain
- Right side abdominal pain pregnancy