• question-icon

What causes rib pain after an ultrasound procedure?

Posted on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: i have a spare rib on each side. after years with no trouble, I now have pain on the one side after a recent ultra sound; why?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No thing to worry.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,pain in one side is not related to extra rib.This pain is either due to injury or related to some other cause which can be find out in USG.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 days later
as a result of the ultra sound on feb. 22nd2017 I've been told my liver is enlarged.
could this be leading to the discomfort in my lowest left side rib?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not related to liver.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Not related to enlarged liver. Can be due to decreased calcium levels or muscle stretching due to some work or exercise. Mild pain killer and avoiding overhead activities will help.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon