What causes rheumatoid arthritis in a patient suffering from depression?
I don't know if there's an answer to this question but it's always bothered me. I have Rheumatoid arthritis. It started in my early 20's. I was wondering if depression could have caused this. When I was a child, I was awash in depression. I was depressed all the time due to bullying. Could the depression have caused the arthritis? There's nothing I can do about it now but it's always been a question for me.
is Depression a trigger
Thank you for writing on health care magic
Well, one cant be sure about what triggers these autoimmune problems in the body. Whether it is food, environment changes, smoking, infection or something else. To pin point at it, is always a toughie. But yes, it is a known fact that the stress begins about lot of hormonal changes in the body which can trigger these processes or make them worse even with treatment.
We always tell our patients to avoid as much stress as possible in order to help control the disease better and prevent any flares of arthritis.
But yeah, I can pin point at it if this was the trigger. It may have contributed to some extent but not fully
Hope the information was useful
Do let me know for more queries. Would be happy to help out
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes dizziness when suffering from rheumatoid arthritis
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis causes
- What helps rheumatoid arthritis
- Hysterectomy causes rheumatoid arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis causes
- Vitiligo, rheumatoid arthritis causes
- Rheumatoid arthritis factor causes
- Diet for rheumatoid arthritis sufferers
- What is seronegative rheumatoid arthritis
- Negative rheumatoid arthritis causes