What causes redness on tongue?
can be a mucocele
Hello and thanks for consulting HCM.
This dr XXXXXXX jaiswal answering your query.i have gove through your query and understand your concerns.
As you mentioned that you use mouth guard yes it can be due to an irritation from mouth guard. but its not likely to be there for several months.
It can be a mucocele .it is generally painless and lower surface of tounge is a common site for that.it can vary in color from red spot to bluish raised dot.
Anyway in either case i don't think its anything to bother much. Mucocele (if causing any problem) can be removed easily.
If i were your treating doctor i would check
1. The mouth guard you are using.if any problem in that then consdering it for change..
2. Look for any change in shape size and number of the red spot.
3. If its a mucocele then should be removed.
4. Whether lingual salivary gland duct (opening) is normal or obstructed.
If you could upload the picture of the red spot i would have a better idea.
Waiting for your follow up query with the picture.
Hope this answer was helpful.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Red dots on tongue causes of gerd
- What causes tiny red spots on the tongue tip
- What causes red wine tongue
- What causes red pimples on the tongue tip
- What causes fluffy tongue
- Digoxin causing red tongue
- What causes the bleeding of red blister on tongue
- Red spots on tongue caused by mucinex
- What causes redness and swelling in frenulum underneath my tongue
- What causes red spots on rough of your mouth and tongue