• question-icon

What causes redness on the skin along with mild fever?

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: My wife has an eruption on her right buttock. It started as a small eruption (last Friday) and some redness appeared under the skin. Overtime the redness and pain increased, she also got mild fever on some days. She had problem in movement due to the pain. The area also became very hard on touch and there was no head formation. She took some homeopathic medicine and applied Fucidin on the surface, with some hot water application. Yesterday the head was formed and the eruption burst with some fluids and blood being released. The redness and impacted area circumference has reduced post the bursting, the area has a small rash now. Is there any ointment that she can use to remove the eruption completely.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Apply soframycin for 3 days

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Firstly use soframycin for 3-5 days to prevent any infection.
The ideal procedure is to first apply betadine solution on the scab and then rinse with clean water, then apply soframycin.

After 3-5 days, you can use Contractubex Gel for quick healing.

Hope it helps.

Dr Vaishalee
Follow up: Dr. Vaishalee Punj 59 minutes later
Thank you for your prompt response. Do you suggest that she should take any antibiotic or other medicine?
One doctor suggested Augmentin 625. To be talen 3 times daily anf apply fucidin. Is this advisable?

Thanks
xxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
If lesion regressing then antibiotics not needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

If the lump is going down, then oral antibiotics are not needed. Topical antibiotic like betadine and soframycin will suffice.

If the lump is not getting better and is producing fever, then oral antibiotics like augmentin can be taken for 3-5 days.

Hope it helps.
Dr Vaishalee
Dr. Vaishalee Punj