What causes redness and irritation on the penis head after leech bite?

Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had a leech attach to the head of my penis. I removed and washed with soap and water but now I have a red irritation at the point of the bite, on the outside of my penis hole. Can I use neosporin?
Answered by Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
dont worry

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query.
I read the message. Leech bite can lead to itching, redness, swelling.
As you have already washed with soap and water, no need to worry.
You can take some antihistamine pills for now
to reduce itching.
Apply cold pack if swelling is there.
No need to use neosporin as it has got nothing to do on leech bite.

Get back to me if any query.

Dr VSK
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar