What causes reddish painful boil on thigh?

Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: Docter ! I had a boil 3 days back. I thought it will be all ok with in a day. And i took medicine yesterday to make it dry but since yesterday its paining more. And got increase more in a huge shape. I cant even walk. Facing lot of problem. Got fever also. What should i do ? Doctor i am still waiting for ur response. Please reply asap.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It needs to be incised and drained.

Detailed Answer:
Hi & Welcome to HCM.

I appreciate your concern for the boil (site ?) which is increasing in its size and becoming more painful & causing fever despite of taking the prescribed medications.

Apparently the boil has developed into an abscess and it needs to be incised & drained under the local anesthesia.

I would advise you to consult a doctor/surgeon for the drainage of the pus.
Once the pus is drained you will be alright.

Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 20 minutes later
If i Talk about boil that is in red and yellow colour. But i think the problem i have, it seems that there is something very hard from inside in my thigh in only in my skin colour. Which is paining like anything. Its not even wet,not even dry. Is there anything which i can try at home. As there is no one to take me to the doctor for further treatment.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Apply warm compresses frequently

Detailed Answer:
Hi & Welcome.
Thanks for your reply.

You may get temporary relief by applying warm compresses over the affected area of the boil. This can be done by applying a warm face cloth to the boil for 10 minutes 3-4 times a day. This will decrease the pain and help draw the pus to the surface.

Do not try to pop the boil with a needle. This could make the infection worse.
If the boil bursts, cover it with sterile gauze or dressing to prevent the spread of infection. After this, wash your hands thoroughly using hot water and soap.

You may continue to take the NSAID pain killers along with warm compresses.

Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad