What causes reddish open sores on buttock and vagina?
Blisters are more commonly associated with herpes, need to be ruled out
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. HIV-related rash is usually a bump like rash, that is generally spread; but blisters are more commonly associated with herpes and although I cannot say that HIV being the cause can be ruled out, it is more common with herpes and so I would recommend testing for herpes just to make sure we rule it out safely, especially because we have options to suppress the symptoms.
If you are comfortable, you can also choose to attach clear images of the regions in speaking to our discussion here or email them to me at:
and please do mention "ATTN: Dr. Shoaib Khan" in the subject line so it can easily be directed to me. Viewing them may provide me with a more clear picture on the plausible cause.
I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes buttocks to dent inward
- What causes split between buttocks
- What causes pain in buttock
- What causes soreness in the inside of my buttock
- Cause of sores on buttocks
- What causes tumor on buttocks
- What is the cause of redness in crease of buttocks
- What causes red and sore buttock skin
- Reddish sore bumps in vagina causes
- What causes boils on buttocks