What causes reddish bump like structure behind neck?

Dr. VINAY KUMAR

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Experinceing reddish bump like structure! ! on back of my neck !!
Answered by Dr. VINAY KUMAR 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Few simple measures should be sufficient to control problem

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome to this site!
I am Dr V XXXXXXX a Sr Consultant Dermatologist.

I have seen and examined your picture and noted your details.

This very closely resembles an insect bite.
In view of the high probability of this being an irritant response, which is a fairly common skin condition in skin patients, I suggest the following measures and most often with very good outcome.

1 The area needs to be cleaned with just plain water (avoiding any antispetics or disinfectants)

2 Use of a cream containing some steroid in combination with antibiotic is recommended for any patients in such a condition. Betamethasone/ Fluticasone with Mupirocin is a good choice.

3 Anti allergic like Cetirizine relieves itching as well as helps in clearing symptoms due to inflammation.

4 Keep the part protected from further assault by insects which usually become more active when we are asleep.

5 Wait for a couple of days before you expect to notice any improvement as the intensity of response depends upon the quantum of irritant secretions deposited in the lesion.

I hope you will get well soon.

With best wishes from our team, always!