What causes red rashes throughout the body and pain in toe fingers?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doctor,
My nephew developed red rashes on his entire body. snap attached, first these spots were on his face 3 days ago, today it emerged on entire body.
He is also complaining pain in toe fingers bottom side.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Describe in detail

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for posting your query at HealthcareMagic.

This seems like cholinergic urticaria rash maybe due to excessive exercise that leads to sweating and this sweat provokes this rash. But I need to rule out viral cause. Kindly send more details like presence of fever, history of allergies, any idea how it started, is it fluid filled, pus filled or no fluids in it, etc so that I am better able to help.

Hope it helps.

Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Hi Doctor,
Thanks for your response !

All schedule normal.
Fever developed for 3-4 hours nearly 6 days ago, it was 99.4, No fever after that, no medicine given.
He has cough and cold, neubolized with medicine ( Levolin 0.63mg & Vudecort 0.5 mg)
No history of allergies.
the rashes are not puss filled.

looking forward for response!
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like viral

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

This looks like viral. Is there itching? This may also be allergy to some food or drug. Try giving him cetirizine syrup 2 times a day.

This should come down when the cold is resolved. You can watch for 2-3 days. If it does not get better with above measures, take him to a skin specialist.

Hope it helps.

Dr Vaishalee