• question-icon

What causes red painless rashes on the foreskin and penis head?

Posted on Thu, 26 May 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello sir -
I am experiencing following things
1) I am getting red painless rashesh on my penis foreskin and penis head.
2) there is some kind of feeling of sweating in my right leg , but actually it's not sweating.
3) ants attracted to my urine
4) other things as hunger , thirsty and frequency of urination is absolutely normal.
So the question is what are these symptoms indicate to and what tests should go for ?

Thanks ,
XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rash might be due to allergy, random blood sugar

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.
Regarding the rash --I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Did you have unprotected sex preceding this symptoms?
2) Does your female partner have vaginal discharge (Vaginitis)?
3) If it is protected sex ,do you use chemically lubricated condom?
4) Is it associated with itching?
5) upload the picture for better assessment and to provide with specific advice.
6) since when you have this rash?

It might allergic reaction to either vaginal secretions or chemicals of the condom used as a lubricant, or even to new underwear or detergent used for washing it. Other possibility is balanitis.

Presently i would suggest you to wash the area with XXXXXXX warm water and with antiseptic soap like dermadew. And then tap it dry, it is better if you apply neosporin ointment to it. Anti allergic cream need to be applied in case you have itchiness.

I would have suggested you to get an random blood sugar investigation done, to rule out diabetes.

Provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Harish Naik