What causes red dots on penis head post oral sex?

Dr. Ganesh

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi, I had oral sex given to me and the next day there were tiny red dots on my penis head. A day or so so went by and it started to burn while I pee. The girl I'm sexually active with has uti regularly. And was just recently test and everything came back negative. What should I do
Answered by Dr. Ganesh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible STD ( sexually transmitted diseases)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
welcome to health care magic.
Iam Dr Ganesh.

1. The symptoms you have mentioned are seen in both infection / inflammation.

2. It looks like an STD ( sexually transmitted diseases ) picture.

3. Most of the STD come with some discharge, but you have not mentioned any so we can think in terms of superficial gland erosion.

4.Initially you maintain local hygiene, clean the area with warm water, keep it dry, avoid sex for couple of days, avoid tight under wears - the symptoms should minimise.

5.If they still exists, you have to see the specialist, who can examine and take a swab if necessary and give appropriate treatment.

6. You need get an appointment to see dermatologist (dermatovenerology ).

Hope it helps you.
wish you good health.
Thank for approaching health care magic.
Dr. Ganesh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ganesh 13 hours later
There is no discharge, and the spots are not risen. They seem to be fading also. Does this sound anything like herpes?
Answered by Dr. Ganesh 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing much to worry .

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query and details provided.

1. As all your tests came negative, and you have no discharge and they are fading seems like some inflammation you don't have to worry. It does not seem to be herpes.

2.However you can not take any risk, take a general appointment and let a dermatologist examine. Doctor may give an antibiotic course.
Its not very comfortable to see doctor with these kind of problems, when a doctor examines it, the diagnosis is usually different than what you may think.

Hope it helps you. wish you good health.
Dr. Ganesh

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ganesh 56 minutes later
I wasn't tested, the girl I'm sexually active with was. I took mess for a uti and the burnin has subsided
Answered by Dr. Ganesh 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Visit Dermatologist to be on the safe side.

Detailed Answer:
thank you for clarification.

1. I understood that investigations were done to your partner not you.

2.Thats why, even you are not symptomatic i asked to visit specialist for examination.

3. Get appointment and see your doctor to be on the safe side.

thank you
Dr. Ganesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Ganesh 3 hours later
Thank you, I will def do that. Should I go right away or give it a few days with no sexy and loose underwear
Answered by Dr. Ganesh 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
As soon as you can.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.

1.Its not an emergency but you can see as soon as you can.

Hope it helps you.
Wish you good health.
Health care magic.
Dr Ganesh.