What causes red bumps all over the legs?
Folliculitis most probably
I read short history and looked at photos you posted. I deeply feel that most probably you have developed a condition called folliculitis. It is not a serious condition. It is a benign condition ,so..relax. There are multiple erythematous papular lesions on the legs and thighs. It is due to infection of hair follicle.
Folliculitis is an inflammatory condition affecting hair follicles. It appears as a small red tender bump occasionally surmounted with dot of pus surrounding a hair. Older lesions that have lost the pus appear as red bumps surrounding the opening of the follicle absent the hair. One to hundreds of follicles can be affected anywhere that hair is present.
Most common cause is bacteria...staphylococcus aureus.
The damaged hair follicles may lead to folliculitis.Shaving or wearing clothes that rub the skin can irritate the follicles, which can lead to folliculitis. They also can become blocked or irritated by sweat or beauty cream. When the follicles are injured, they are more likely to become infected.
You consult the dermatologist to have firm diagnosis and perfect treatment. However, I would suggest...
- antibiotic like cephalosporin or cloxacillin in proper dose
- anti inflammatory drugs
- vitamin C tablet
- antibiotic cream like sisomycine to apply
- Dettol bath
I hope this would help you. Still,any query..you may ask.
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes irritation and red bumps on penis head
- What causes red bump on breast
- What causes red bumps on upper legs
- What is the cause of red bumps on penis
- What could cause bumps on legs and arms
- What could cause little red bumps in the penis
- What causes bumps on my legs after sex
- What causes a red bump on finger
- Will hyperthyroidism cause red bumps on legs
- What causes red bumps