What causes recurring stabbing pain in right ear?
Pain has returned, not as frequent and not as severe, more like a shooting pain. If I were to stick a Q-tip in my ear, the pain is a little deeper than where the Q-tip would touch.
Sounds like you injured your ear drum due to loud music.
Thank you for your query, I have gone through it carefully.
My opinion is, you might have injured your ear drum due to the loud music causing a perforation.
I think the perforation got healed on it's own, hence your hearing is back to normal.
The sudden pain is most likely due to blocked auditory tube (could be due to some blood clot from the perforated ear drum.
I don't there is any cause for panic right now, however, it is best to get your ear looked at by an ENT surgeon.
A proper ear examination will help identify the problem accurately.
You may take a pain killer like Motrin.
Do not put any objects, including Q tips into the ear, as the chances of infection in an injured ear are higher.
Do not put water of oil into the ear.
Please consult an ENT surgeon at the earliest.
Hope that answers your query, please feel free to write back to me if you have further doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Labyrinthitis stabbing pain in ear
- What could cause stabbing pain in the lower head
- What causes severe stabbing pain under the sternum
- Sharp stabbing pain in ear
- Cause for stabbing pain in the head
- Stabbing pain causes
- What causes stabbing pains in my eye sockets
- Severe stabbing pain in groin what is causing this
- What causes stabbing pain in vaagina
- What could cause stabbing pain on abdomen and shoulder