What causes recurring abdominal pain on the left side?
Colonoscopy has to be done.
Thank you for the query.
Such pain can be caused by many different things and is very nonspecific symptom. However, considering you age (over 50), large intestine issue (like a tumor or polyp) has to be ruled out at first.
Especially if you have any constipation, occasional bloating, gas obstruction.
If there is any lump in the umbilicus, hernia can be the reason.
I suggest you to consult your doctor. Abdominal ultrasound, blood work and urine analysis should be done and colonoscopy scheduled.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes right sided abdominal pain
- Cause left lower abdominal pain
- What causes abdominal pain on left side
- What are the possible causes of left side abdominal pain
- What causes recurring abdominal pain and gas formation sensation
- What is the cure for recurring abdominal pain and acidity
- Recurring abdominal pain in different place occasional sharp sting treatment
- What causes right sided upper abdominal pain
- Causes left side abdominal pain
- What causes lower left abdominal pain