What causes recurrent itchy skin rash?
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic
I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your query and I have understood it.
I don't think it is a rebound phenomena. A rebound happens as soon as you stop the Topical Steroid. In your case it has happened months later. So, I would say that the itch and rash that has returned again, is a recurrence rather than a rebound.
I would like to gather some more information from you regarding the rash, in order to be able to help you better
-Is the rash Localized? Which part of the body?
-Can you upload a clear digital photograph of the rash for me, to be able to guide you better?
Anyways, regarding weaning off a steroid, you can taper down the frequency of its usage from twice daily to once daily for a week or 10 days, thereafter use it every alternate day for 10 days, then use it twice in a week and finally discontinue it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the remedy for itchy skin rash on body
- Itchy skin rash what could be the reason
- Sudden itchy skin rash causes
- What causes to have recurrent itchy skin rashes
- What causes itchy skin rash
- Itchy skin rash on neck
- Very itchy skin rash
- Identify itchy skin rash
- Red itchy skin rash
- Itchy skin rash that causes bruises
- What causes recurring red bumps in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for vitiligo
- Suggest treatment for scalp psorasis
- What does a mole on body indicate?
- What causes dry patch of skin on my penis shaft?
- What causes dry lips and getting burns on my lips?
- Should I continue with antiretroviral drugs and get a repeat HIV test?
- Suggest treatment for freckle and open pores on face
- What causes white puss spot on penis head after an unprotected sex?
- What causes itching in the groin area?