What causes recurrent cold,cough and high fever in a child?
Also, another note, that my daughter has repeat cold, cough sometime with viral fever episode all most once in every month starting from November 2013 when we shifted from Bangalore to Delhi. Generally for those, she is prescribed antibiotic (taken 8 times in last 6 months), nebulizer and T-Minic or similar.
For present high fever episode (similar attack happened 2 months back), unless root cause is not found out, it is being difficult for the baby as well for us parents to bear this repeated attack.
hi...it could be recurrent viral infection
Hi.... Many thanks for consulting in Health Care Magic. I went through your records fully. I understand your concerns. With the history you mentioned that she falls recurrently ill with cough & cold & has received nebulizer multiple times...I think your kid has got either a multi triggered wheeze or a viral episodic wheeze, both if which do not warrant antibiotic usage. Repeated viral illness associated with cough or upper respiratory symptoms like cold are quite common when kids are in play school as they tend to contract from other kids. But it's the way every child aquires natural resistance & in fact that's how even all of us would have acquired resistance power. You have mentioned its 2 days of fever...it could as well be another viral illness. Regarding meftalP I suggest you not to use it as it contains Mefenamic acid which might cause gastric irritation or renal issues on long term...I have published a letter to the editor in this regard in Indian pediatrics. I would like to alley your fears by stating that any viral illness will take 3-5 days to settle/ will be accompanied by cold or cough/ there will be high fever but once it settles that is in between two fevers on same day the child will be active & playing around. For fever I suggest only plain paracetamol & no combinations. No need to use malaria medicine unless proven.
You should try another pedicatrician and discuss about my views. Encourage her to drink fluids and eat well.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. Happy to help anytime. Further clarifications and consultations on Health Care Magic are welcome.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes gums to hurt and high fever
- Persisting high fever causes
- Intermittent high fever causes
- What causes uti with high fever and coughing
- Seizures caused by high fever
- What causes persistent high fever
- What causes breathing difficulty with palpitations and high fever
- What causes breathing problem and recurrent high fever
- High fever nausea causes
- What causes twitching of eyes with high fever
- What causes recurrent cold,cough and high fever in a child?
- What should be Neozeet dosage for cold and cough in a child?
- What causes swelling and redness on eyelid after taking Desonide?
- What causes an indentation on upper back?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea in an infant
- Does black molds in house during pregnancy cause any complication?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection of in groin area
- What causes swollen cluster of veins on lower back?
- What causes diarrhea with vomiting?
- What causes low appetite after stomach infection?