How can constant fever in a child be treated?
Meftal P can be given
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections. If your child has fever with temperature more than 100°F, you need to give paracetamol (Sumol) to it bring down. The dose would be 1.3 or 1.4 ml of Sumol Drops (100mg/ml) to be given when needed, at a minimum interval of 4-6 hours. Also use tepid sponging.
You can give Meftal P (mefenamic acid) if Sumol does not suffice. Meftal P Suspension (100mg/5ml) 3.5 - 4 ml should be given per dose, as per requirement, at a minimum interval of 8 hours.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constant fever causes
- A constant fever of 382 could mean
- Is constant fever a symptom of perimenopause
- Constant fever of 99
- Constant fever and reddish tongue
- Symptoms of constant fever
- Constant fever of 100
- Diagnosis of constant fever
- Treatment and cure for constant fever
- Drugs/medication for constant fever
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever