How can constant fever in a child be treated?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in Child Health
Question: Hi, daughter has 102 fever. Gave Sumol 1.4 ml before 2 hours. Her age is 1.7 months and 9 kg body weight. The fever is still 101.2. can we give metal p now what dose and after how much time of taking Sumol?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Meftal P can be given

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections. If your child has fever with temperature more than 100°F, you need to give paracetamol (Sumol) to it bring down. The dose would be 1.3 or 1.4 ml of Sumol Drops (100mg/ml) to be given when needed, at a minimum interval of 4-6 hours. Also use tepid sponging.

You can give Meftal P (mefenamic acid) if Sumol does not suffice. Meftal P Suspension (100mg/5ml) 3.5 - 4 ml should be given per dose, as per requirement, at a minimum interval of 8 hours.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D