What causes rapid weight gain with leg swelling, dry mouth and weakness?

Dr. Sassen S Kwasa

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: rapid weight gain, swelling of my lower extremities, feel weak.
Dry mouth
Also, have bad knees, losing hearing on my left ear. Diabetes is being controlled with medication, in fact, I only take the Lantus in the morning and the Aspart don't take it because my sugar goes low, in the morning reads 107, 109, up to 127.
Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These are classic symptoms of CHF exacerbation

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM. The symptoms you describe are symptoms that are linked to worsening heart failure, this is something that you need to see a doctor for, are you on any diuretics like lasix "water pill"? most people who have had your heart procedure will have this pills so stop the water from building in your body. I hope this helps. Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 3 hours later
That is a lousy answer, I already knew that and yes I am taking Lasix but that seems to be ineffective, did my doctor put the stent in the right place or not? Something must cause for the swelling to get worse.
I expect an answer, please.
Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
I cannot comment whether or not the stent is in right place...

Detailed Answer:
I beg to differ, you did not mention ANY medications that you are on under medications, all you wrote was the stent that was placed, CHF is a progressive disease just because you are on lasix does not mean that it will always be treated effectively. Doses of Lasix will need to be increased, and this depends on your diet as well. The symptoms your describe, again, are due to CHF exacerbation.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad