Is LASIK surgery recommended for eye power correction?

Posted on Fri, 29 Dec 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I want to go for LASIK surgery, Could you please advise on how to choose and decide on same. What are the negatives of this surgery.
Or is there nay other suggestion/surgey to correct eyesight/
Both eyes (-6)
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
LASIX is best for you.Go for it.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HCM-

Pros-
Quick (total duration of surgery is hardly 5 minutes) and virtually painless.
Has a high success rate ( success rate is 96%).

Cons-
Minor side effects like dryness, glare and halos, if appear, subside with time.
Overall a very safe operation.

Requirement for LASIX-
1. Stable refraction
2. Corneal thickness and topography should be in normal range
3. Dilated retinal examination should be normal
4. Adequately wet eyes.

Go for Contoura vision LASIK - This is an advanced surgery which has come in which the computerized topography is done and which is attached to LASIK which can pick up the minor abrasion which are present in the cornea so that it can correct the vision to its fullest. So sometimes we do have patients who are completely satisfied with the change in their vision. It also reduces the chances of dryness which is there after LASIK surgery.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Ophthalmologist