What causes raised veins on labia majora?
Thanks for your query.
Also thanks for a good description.
As per your description this looks to be a small hemangioma, the draining vein will automatically appear to be enlarged as the blood supply to such a lump is increased.
Nothing much to worry about until you fiddle with it or the lump enlarges.
Just keep under observation.
Consult a Surgeon if there is enlargement or pain or any other symptom develops.
Hemangioma can occur any time
Thanks for your feedback.
Very true, The hemangiomas present at birth are called as congenital hemangiomas.
But this is not the only type. So please do not get confused.
One can get other types of hemangiomas anytime in life and any place in the body. They can be of various forms.
Because of the stasis of the blood the skin undergoes some changes and becomes itchy, irritating and may bleed a bit.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes cuts on the labia majora
- What cause veins on your labia majora
- What causes itching around the labia majora and minora
- What causes shrunken labia majora
- What causes swollen labia majora
- Have painful cyst in labia majora what is causing this
- What causes red bump at bottom of labia majora
- Swollen labia majora causes
- Causes of dry labia majora
- What could cause swelling and irritation in the labia majora