What causes sudden swelling in the ankle?
Check for hidden varicose veins
I see such cases and in one case when I asked for a color doppler of the veins of the left leg I found there were hidden varicosities in the woman.
So I suggest you should ask your doctor to check for varicose veins or thrombotic of the vein.
The other reason could be simple primary lymphoedema which would subside by using compression stockings for 4 to 5 months except during sleep time.
Besides I request you to upload a photograph for direct look at it.
It is not the primary MD who is specialized in such problems but a General Surgeon who sees such patients day in and day out at his office. So next time you take an appointment with a General surgeon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swelling in ankles during postpartum
- My ankle swells and hurts what causes it
- What causes stiffness and swelling in the ankle joint
- What causes bladder leakage and swelling in ankles and feet
- What causes swelling and bruising in ankles
- What causes ankles to swell chemo
- What causes indentations and swelling in ankles
- What is the cause and treatment for ankle swelling
- What causes ankle and led edema swelling or inflamation
- What caused swelling in the inner ankle and bruising