question-icon

What causes radiating pain in stomach, between the breast and back?

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: hi yes please
for about 2 months now I have been suffering with a pain in my tummy.its high up between my breast and it goes into my back
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (56 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Some tests shoudl be done to determine the reason of your pain.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms are most likely caused by a worsening of acid reflux disease. However, other possible issues should be ruled out including gallstones, pancreas issues, peptic ulcer.

I suggest you to have some tests done. Without it, its hard to establish the reason. Please consult your doctor, have abdominal ultrasound and blood work done at first. As a next step, gastroscopy should be done.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon