What causes radiating pain in lower left abdomen and lower back area?
Please give details.
Thanks for your query, albeit short.
To recapitulate: Male/53 - pain lower left side for over a week - pain moved to lower back area on both sides yesterday - going to start cranberry juice - wants to know what could this be...
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
- Any urinary complaints?
- Any complaints related to bowel movements like loose stools or constipation, mucus, blood in stool; bloating, nausea, vomiting or so?
- Does the back pain increase on movement or coughing? Any increasing or relieving factors ?
- Any other information you would like to share?
Awaiting for your feedback.
If you have any urinary complaints, this may possibly be urinary tract infection or stone in ureter or so.
If any complaints related to bowel, this can be due to colitis or so.
The pain in the lower back can be either referred pain or may be due to myalgia/ muscle spasm on its own or XXXXXXX to protective spam.
I would advise you the following:
Tests of urine, stool and blood.
Ultrasonography of the whole abdomen.
Clinical evaluation and examination by a Doctor helps to get a clinical diagnosis and to correlate with the reports of the investigations and to order further tests if required to get a proper diagnosis and to plan a proper management/treatment.
I hope this answer helps you to get an early diagnosis and proper treatment.
Please feel free to give feedback and ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Radiating pain into my back from breastfeeding
- What causes radiating pain and tingling in thighs and legs
- Severe radiating pain causes
- Radiating pain from jaw to back
- What causes radiating pain in chest when suffering from bronchitis
- Hemorrhoid cause radiating pain
- What could cause radiating pain from arm to breast
- Radiating pain causes
- What causes radiating pain in the upper quadrant of abdomen
- Welt on back with radiating pain