What causes purple lumps inside the penis?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi, I noticed i have very tiny purple lumps inside my penis (urethra hole). They are a bit painful when i press on them. When urinating a little pain sometimes but not always. No discharge or other visible lumps elsewhere on penis. What can it be?

I believe I can count up to three, they are so small i'm having trouble seeing them on the pics I'm trying to take.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be Sub -Mucus hematomas or Abscess.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed small purple colored lumps on inner side of urethral meatus.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Did you have unprotected sex or oral sex very recently ?
2)Do you have burning while urinating ?

The purple colored lumps on inner side of urethral meatus are mostly small hematomas or sub mucus abscess .

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefixime along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

It should get cured within a week .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello thanks for the answer! Yes oral sex. And a little burning while urinating if i push hard the urine out.

Last two questions :

1) Is it an STD?
2) Why no sexual encounter? Is it contagious?

Thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is not STD

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .

STD is a sexual transmitted disease acquired through only when one has a intra vaginal sex with infected female

Since it is suspected to be infective in nature it is better to have safe and protected sex to avoid it getting transmitted to your partner .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr Patil.