What causes pulsating sensation around anus and constipation?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I was constipated went to the bathroom yesterday, ever since feeling a pulse like near my but hole no pain no itch just a short pulse like feeling went to bathroom since no pain or blood in stoole, I m 50 years old 5'10 210 lbs went to the bathroom again watery diraria no blood in stoole
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is nothing to worry about

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

In my opinion this is nothing to be worried of. This is quite a common symptom in people who are having watery diarrhea of constipation or even in normal people who due to some reason get sensitive anal area.

When skin or anal mucosa becomes much sensitive then a person can feel pulsations there ( which are present since birth but aren't really felt by the patient in normal circumstances).

This happens because of two reasons.

1) Irritated skin around anus.
2) Spasm of anal sphincter due to irregularly hard or soft stools.

This thing does not need any specific treatmenr except treatment of diarrhea or constipation. When stools get normal.consistency the pulse goes away.

There is nothing to worry about this pulse wether it's there or not, there is nothing to be worried about there is nothing dangerous in it..

Here I want to mention that hemorrhaoid DO NOT have any pulse they are veins and veins don't have pulse so don't panic control your diet habits eat fibrous easily digesting food and much fluids. Every thing should be fine in a few days.

Stay blessed.
I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.

Regrads.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)

Resident M.D.