What causes pulsating feeling and anxiety after playing cricket?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi

I have anxiety just now i finished cricket my heart beat was fast i felt heart thinking is something wrong then all of a sudden my body felt warm my head got adrenaline i felt something was happening wrong is this anxiety or a heart issue.
Everytime i play sport i get this feeling.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think this is physiological response

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

Feelings of heart beats following engagement in sports activity is normal thing and neither an anxiety attack or some problem with heart.

Feeling of warmth in head can be due to many factors and anxiety is one among them. I think before jumping to conclusions we need to understand that this happens overtime after sports activity and it is natural to have palpitations after strenuous activity.

Having said this it will per appropriate to get ECG for your heart so any cardiac problem can be identified earliest.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 12 minutes later
Hi

I have had a Echo, ECG and Stress Test attached are results
It was fine i got checked April 2016
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
I think you can stopped worrying

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ohmiar,
Thanks for reverting back to me.

I have seen all the attached reports and found nothing abnormal in the cardiac reports. In my view it is important to stop worrying as things seems more likely physiological.

I hope this reassures you further.
Thanks and regards.