What causes progressive and painful lumps on scrotum?

Posted on Wed, 30 Mar 2016 in General Health
Question: I have 7-8 lumps/cyst at my scrotum andThey are painless. Color is something Red.
I have this since last 8 year. Day by day its increasing in count starting from 1. I would like to know how to start treatment or which doctor to consult.
Please let me know your feedback
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestive of sebaceous cysts.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX, Hi & Welcome.
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.
Gone through the uploaded picture and the brief history given in your query, you seem to be having sebaceous cysts in the scrotum.
These are benign cysts (non-cancerous) arising from blocked sebaceous glands, which lie under the surface of the scrotal skin. If untreated these can become uncomfortable and infected which can spread to the adjoining areas of the scrotum.
Had you been my patient I would have advised you to consult a general surgeon for their removal under a local or general anesthesia. Hope the suggestion given above would be helpful in getting the proper treatment.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 49 minutes later
Hi Dr Taher,

Thanks for the reply.
I would like to know if there is any alternative ie by medicine or homeopathy/ayurveda treatment?
If there is alternative, do you recommend those?

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Surgical removal is the treatment of choice.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX, Hi & Welcomeback.
Thanks for your reply and the compliments.
There is no effective alternative to surgical removal for such cysts. I am not sure about the Homeopathy or Ayurvedic medicines being effective in removing these cysts. Hope this answers your query.
Best regards.
Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali