question-icon

What causes pressure feeling under skin while treating thyroid disease and bipolar depression?

Posted on Wed, 16 Dec 2015
Question: I can feel it build up like a pressure in my skin until something as simple as touching the mattress is impossible. I have diabetes,high blood pressure, thyroid disease and bipolar depression
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Could be due to peripheral neuropathy, a sequele of diabetes

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have carefully gone through your query. I understand the sensation that you describe. The condition is called peripheral neuropathy which may occur as a sequele of your diabetes. Your blood pressure too needs to be monitored periodically and kept in control.
I would suggest you to visit a neurologist and to get a neurological assessment done.
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha