What causes poor erection while having superficial wound on the foreskin of penis?

Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: HI,
I got a cut in my outer upper penis skin yesterday while I was masterbating very hard.
Blood also came out while the penis was hard. I went for urine and I experienced lot of itching in the penis skin. I was very frightened when urine gave me itching and blood was also coming out. I washed with water and immediately applied "NEOSPORIN" 'Bacitracin Zinc-Neomycin Sulphate-Polymyxin B Sulfate' First Aid antibiotic ointment.
I got releif from blood and itching. I applied it 4-5 times in last 12 hours. But in the morning when I woke up I realized that there is no feeling in my Penis, also it is not coming hard again. I am careful while I am urinating as I pull up my skin so to avoid Urine touch in the wound.

My main concern is my penis is not coming hard again? It is temporary and would heal when the skin cut will get better, or is it serious?Would I be normal again. Should I continue use of the ointment or not.
Could you please suggest me some medicine or ointment which I can put to heal it so that the wound is better and my Penis also becomes normal and start coming hard again.
Please help me.
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ointment only twice a day.No erectile problem should occur.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist,i can understand your concern.

From your description,the wound over foreskin is superficial,as bleeding has stopped.
You need to apply the Neosporin ointment,only twice a day,till it heals completely.
It may take up to a week.Maintain good penile hygiene and avoid moisture over it.
Avoid masturbating till then.

As far erections is concerned,observe if there're early morning erections.
Also look for erections during night time,when you wake up in between sleep.
Check for erections with erotic thoughts,pictures or videos.
If you see the erections,don't worry at all.

There should be no problem really with erections,from injury to foreskin.
Wish you good health.
If you do wish to close this query,you may rate the answer,on the site.

Dr.Matthew J. Mangat.