How can cuts and pain on the fingertips be treated despite using Topisol lotion?
I uploaded pictures of the affected hands. The problem started 2 years ago, subsided in between, flared up again in the last 4 weeks. We took treatment from dermatologist earlier, continued Topisol lotion/cream treatment without much success. She has cold symptoms for the past months, also taking medicines for chronic gastric problems.
Please review and provide your inputs.
My mother for the few days has developed cuts, itching, pain, and cracks on her hand fingertips. Applied Topisol lotion/cream but has not helped much. Looks like eczema/
Kindly advise regarding this.
SEND THE PICTURES
Thanks for posting the query
If possible please upload the pictures of the affected hand so that i can end up with accurate diagnosis.
Since how long the symptom is persisting?
did u show to any doctor?
Any other medical illness or recent history of illness?
revert back so that i can help you out.
I have reviewed the attached pictures.
It seems to be due to Eczema only. Now as there is a crack already ask her to apply ointment containing Bacitracin or polysporin and cover the fingers with bandaid. Let her do this for 4 to 5 days. The bandaid has to be there for full day. Let her change at 12 hours of interval. She'll notice the improvement in 5 days of time.
Then the further dryness should be prevented by applying good moisturiser, and Petroleum jelly every night. Avoid harsh chemical contacts like detergents and dish washers. Avoid frequent washing of hands.
If still the symptoms persists she may need oral steroids, so need to consult the dermatologist once more about this opinion.
any issues do follow up.Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Painful swollen deep cracks on fingertips
- Arm pain with sweaty fingertips
- Copd and tingling and pain in fingertips
- Splinter like pain in fingertips
- Chest pains down to fingertip
- Pain in left fingertip
- Numb fingertips pain swelling
- Fingertip pain causes
- Fingertip pain from touchpad
- Sharp pains in fingertips causes
- What does this KFT report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for body pain, sneezing and dry cough
- Suggest treatment for itching all over the body
- Suggest ways to reduce the midnight food cravings
- How long does eye inflammation take to resolve?
- What does weird sensation on left side of the face suggest?
- What do the following blood test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pain in knee while walking
- What causes sweating, nausea and dizziness with history of epilepsy?
- What causes severe peripheral neuropathy when diagnosed with myopathy?