What causes pimple above eyebrow and swollen eyes?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a cystic pimple above my brow bone and I feel it has grown underneath. My eye has been swollen for three days now & the bags under my eyes are swollen.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic

I am Dr kakkar. I have gone through your query and I have understood it.

If I was the treating doctor I would suggest you a week of oral antibiotics. My choice of oral antibiotics would have been either Cephalexin 500mg(keflex) thrice daily for a week OR Ciprofloxacin 500mg twice daily for a week.

An OTC oral antiinflammatory e.g ibuprofen once or twice daily would provide symptomatic relief from pain and swelling.

Topical application of an antibacterial ointment e.g either fucidic acid (fucidin) OR mupirocin (bactroban) would benefit in addition.