What causes persistent tingling sensation in different parts of the body?
Peripheral neuropathy should be considered.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Symptoms you describe are most likely related to peripheral nerves dysfunction or irritation, also known as peripheral neuropathy.
There are other conditions besides diabetes that may be associated with peripheral neuropathy and these include thyroid gland dysfunction, kidneys and liver diseases, alcohol use, low vitamin B12 levels, certain toxins or drugs side effects, viral infections, anemia, autoimmune diseases etc.
As you can see, the list of conditions that may cause peripheral neuropathy symptoms is long, some of these conditions could be excluded since blood tests were okay (anemia, diabetes, kidneys and liver diseases ), but special tests about vitamins B group levels, thyroid gland function, autoantibodies are needed to properly diagnose your condition.
There is need also for electromyography and nerve conduction studies for this purpose.
I think you should consult a Neurologist and discuss about your concerns.
Treatment depends on the cause found after above mentioned examinations.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling sensation over spleen area
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- What could be the cause for tingling sensation inside ears
- What causes crawling and tingling sensation in body
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- Tingling sensation in arm finger what could be the cause
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this