What causes persistent red blotchy discoloration in the temple area of cheek?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have had a persistent red blotchy discoloration along the side of the temple to the cheek for three months now. I have not changed any routines. I went to a skin Doctor Who prescribed steroid pills for a week and it went away only to return a month later. We have also tried eczema cream to know effect and now try aquaphor which doesn't seem to be helping either. I have never had this condition before but I am at a complete loss. I return to the skin doctor who said it simply looks like a rash and should subside. It hasn't and I don't know what to do.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please provide further information

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir

I have worked through your query in detail.

Before guiding you further I would like to know if the rash is associated with the following symptoms

1.Pain?
2.Burning Sensation?
3.itching?
4.Any recent sexual encounter?

Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 45 minutes later
None of those symptoms. Just a rash.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible rash of autoimmune origin? Biopsy will help

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir

I can certainly understand your concern.

As per your clinical history this possibly seem to be a rash of autoimmune origin.

It's advisable to get a biopsy of the skin lesion to determine the further course of action.

It's advisable to continue the prescribed steroids for another 1 month.

Based on biopsy report, local ablative therapies can be considered.

Post your further queries if any
Thank you.