What causes persistent pain in the right elbow?

Posted on Thu, 13 Oct 2016 in Back Pain
Question: Dear Sir,
I am having pain in my right hand elbow for the last 6weeks as i took eavy buckets of water for sometime, initially the symptoms were similar to tennis elbow but now i would like to know the reason for the same as the pain is not that much but it happens while folding the right hand joint and stretching the hand as elbow pains in joints.
Could you please advice the correct line of treatment whether icepack will help to subside the pain along with MOOVE ointment. I had taken initially painkillers for sometime and now i feel there is no need of that.Please provide the details urgently.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to tendonitis or bursitis.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the elbow that you have is likely to be due to tendonitis or bursitis. Doing a hot compress and taking oral muscle relaxants will help in reducing the pain. The anti inflammatory drugs are needed to reduce the inflammation. An MRI scan of the elbow is recommended to find out the extent of soft tissue inflammation that you have. You can also use an elastic brace around the elbow for a good support around the area.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon