What causes persistent pain in jugular area?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Pain Management
Question: Hi
I am 22 years old without any health issues.recently i have a problem that when I press my jugular notch area bones,I feel pain in that area.the pain persists as long as i press the area..it is gone after I release the pressure..what can be the reason for this pain..is there anything serious problem happening to my jugular area??i dont have any history of thyroid problems..please suggest

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I don't think it is anything to worry, you are fine

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.

Is there any swelling or lump in that area?

It is normal, when you apply pressure it is going to pain as there is very little padding of muscle and or subcutaneous tissue in this area.

In the absence of any lump, or swelling or absence of any other symptoms, I don't think you need to be worried.
I don't think it is anything serious, but just to reduce your anxiety you can see local doctor for examination.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Thank you very much sir...actually there is no lump in that area sir..but sometimes I feel like a globus in my throat just like cough.. Otherwise it's normal. And I got anxious because suddenly I felt pain in that area when I pressed that area..when I rotate my neck or do some work..I feel no pain but only when I press that area I feel pain just like anyone feels pain when some swelling occurs in bones

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is nothing serious, don't be anxious, you are fine

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
As said earlier, I don't think it is anything serious, just relax, you are fine do not be anxious, you are fine.

Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 7 minutes later
Thank you for your suggestion sir..now I feel relaxed

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Welcome. Have a wonderful day.