What causes persistent headaches?

Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: i have been having alot of headaches over the last 5 days, I tried paracetamol which did not help. My blood pressure was 120/92 there about. I took a plavix 75mg and within one hour all headache went. About 6weeks ago had same problem with headache and pain under the feet. When i took the plavix all pain went. Could you explain or give advice on this
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
blood supply to brain is reduced due to problems in Blood Vessels

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthCareMagic.com I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

Explanation :
Headache which is relieved by Plavix 75mg suggests that the blood supply to brain is reduced due to problems in Blood Vessels

Advice :
You have to consult a Neurosurgeon and undergo Angiogram of Cerebral Vessels. DSA or MR Angio or CT Angio can be done.

MR Angio does not have Radiation
DSA is the most accurate, but it is an invasive procedure

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Let me know if I can assist you further.

-oOo-

PS 1 : After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

PS 2 : In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at http://bit.ly/askdrbruno
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj