What causes persistent coughing?

Excellent

Question
I broke 2 ribs 3 weeks ago . I am doing fine and beathing well and no other symptoms except for some pain. Recently, i am coughing a lot i am suspecting its allergy related. It started with a sore throat. should i be concerned there is no vomiting of mucus just coughing with itchy throat. Shoud i see a doctor or try taking Sinecod or any cough medicine ?
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
consult

Detailed Answer:
For simple respiratory infection, gurgling with warm water and rest is sufficient. However, persistent cough with further injure the healing ribs and delays recovery. So I would recommend that you visit a physician and start using an antibiotic and cough suppressant.
All the best.

Follow-up: What causes persistent coughing? 6 minutes later
I take depakote 1000 mg daily . Which antibiotic is safe to take with it ? Augmentin can be taken?

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes.

Detailed Answer:
Yes , full course of augmentin for 5 days will help..you can consult your doctor for prescription.

Follow-up: What causes persistent coughing? 3 minutes later
There is no known interaction between augmentin and depakote?

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no worries

Detailed Answer:
There are no known drug interactions between the two to my knowledge.